All mentees need to commit to:
– attend the launch event on Monday 2nd March (Week 2), 1-3pm at ABS 3020
– meet with their peer mentor 2-3 times throughout the semester
– invited to exclusive events and other opportunities
– Saturday 29th February: Deadline for mentee sign ups – all students will be contacted by Sunday night.
– Monday 2nd March: All mentees must attend the launch event to be held at 1-3pm. During this session, mentees will meet their senior BIS mentor, fun activities and free pizza!
You will be assigned to a senior BIS mentor and small group based on the degree and majors you enter!
Getting your head around where you can find the information you need to succeed, figuring out what classes you should (and shouldn’t!) enrol in, and all the other terrifying things that make university different are pretty tough to work through without a mental freak-out or two.
That’s where BISA comes in! This year we’re running a peer mentoring program where first year students are connected with older ‘been-there-done-that’ BIS student through group mentoring sessions. These seasoned students have been around long enough to know all the tips and tricks for not just surviving but thriving in university. You will also network with fellow peer mentees and if you’re lucky, you’ll find your dream team for your BIS group projects!
If you have any questions, please message us on Facebook or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spots are limited for mentees, so make sure you sign up today to avoid missing out!