- This event has passed.
BISA 2019 Peer Mentoring Recruitment Drive
October 7, 2018 @ 11:30 pm - 11:59 pm
Are you an incoming 2nd, 3rd and final year BIS students in 2019? Are you looking for a unique volunteering experience to be a potential mentor to first year BIS students?
We’re launching our BISA Peer Mentoring Program in Semester 1, 2019 and are seeking BIS senior students happy to fulfil the role!
This program will also be a great, exclusive opportunity to enhance your CV and professional development through:
– Gaining an official certificate of recognition by the BIS faculty
– Developing your communication and interpersonal skills through enabling the creation of friendships between BIS students
– Developing your professional and social connections
– Enabling you exclusive access to social and workshop opportunities within BISA
As a mentor, you will be facilitating first year BIS students’ transition into uni life and the BIS discipline. You must be committed to meeting/offering advice to your mentee/s for the first semester on a minimum fortnightly basis.
To fulfil this role, you will:
– Have an approachable and friendly attitude
– Have completed at minimum 2 INFS units by this semester
– Be responsible for providing valuable advice to potential BIS students
– Can commit to the program at minimum fortnightly
– Participate at a mentor induction, likely to be in the first week of Semester 1
Applications are considered on a rolling basis and close on Sunday 7th October 23:59! This will be followed by a short, casual interview if your written application is successful. Limited spots available.