- This event has passed.
BISA Peer Mentor Program 2019
March 2 @ 9:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Sign up at bisa.org.au/mentees
Getting your head around where you can find the information you need to succeed, figuring out what classes you should (and shouldn’t!) enrol in, and all the other terrifying things that make university different are pretty tough to work through without a mental freak-out or two.
That’s where BISA comes in! This year we’re running a peer mentoring program where first year students are connected with older ‘been-there-done-that’ BIS student through group mentoring sessions. These seasoned students have been around long enough to know all the tips and tricks for not just surviving but thriving in university. You will also network with fellow peer mentees and if you’re lucky, you’ll find your dream team for your BIS group projects!
You will be assigned to a senior BIS mentor and small group based on the degree and majors you enter!
All mentees need to commit to:
– attend the launch event on Tuesday 5th March (Week 2), 4-6pm at ABS
– meet with their peer mentor 2-3 times throughout the semester
– invited to exclusive events and other opportunities
– Sat 2nd March: Deadline for mentee sign ups – all students will be contacted by Sunday night.
– Tues 5th March: All mentees must attend the launch event to be held at 4-6pm. During this session, mentees will meet their senior BIS mentor, fun activities and free pizza!
If you have any questions, please message us on Facebook or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spots are limited for mentees, so make sure you sign up today to avoid missing out!