- This event has passed.
BISA Presents: 2020 Industry Mentor Program
September 3, 2020 @ 9:00 pm - November 16, 2020 @ 11:59 pm
Apply to be a mentee at https://www.bisa.org.au/apply-to-be-a-mentee/
We are back with our most anticipated event of the year, the Industry Mentor Program! In these challenging times, we’ve teamed up with some of our amazing sponsors to provide you with incredible insight into the industry. Take away the small talk of networking nights, and ask the real, big questions – all the ins and outs of the industry and what they do! Mentors in the past of certain companies have directly recommended their mentees with high potential to Human Resources for positive consideration into their Summer Intern or Graduate Programs.
We encourage everyone to apply but will be prioritising penultimate and final year students, as well as students studying the following degrees:
- Commerce/Economics, with a major in BIS, Accounting, Finance, Business Analytics or Econometrics
- Information Technology/Advanced Computing
- Software/Electrical Engineering
- Science, with a major in Computer Science, Data Science, Financial Mathematics and Statistics
Mentees will be paired off with a mentor, an industry professional, with whom they’ll organise at least 3 meetings over the 10-week program (i.e. during the Semester). These meetings can be in the form of a catch up over coffee, lunch or a shadowing opportunity to discuss your career goals and seek guidance from a mentor who has experience in the industry.
WHEN and WHERE?
ALL EVENTS WILL BE ONLINE VIA ZOOM
- 📅 Thursday 3rd September evening for the Mentor Program Launch event.
- 📅 Wednesday 13th November for the Mentor Program Closing event.
- 🔰 You’ll organise at least 3 meetings that will suit both yourself and your mentor over the course of the program.
- ✅ Successful applicants must also attend a compulsory workshop on Thursday 27th August evening.
Apply to be a mentee at: https://www.bisa.org.au/apply-to-be-a-mentee/
Applications close 11.59pm 13th August 2020. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis so get in quick!